What is Your 2014 Headline?Posted on February 10, 2014 by
It’s the beginning of the year. We all have resolutions, but they often fail. Why? Because we don’t ask the right questions before we dedicate ourselves to the success we want. Consider these questions:
- What do you need to keep you inspired?
- What is blocking you from success in real estate?
- Is it accountability?
- Is your personal life interfering with your professional life?
- Are you too negative?
At the beginning of 2014, I focused on goal setting. This year, I want to offer you simple techniques for creating and getting support with your investments.
Let’s begin with raising capital. Keep in mind that even great deals need ACTION ITEMS!
Action Item 1: Find Lenders
- First, and easiest, call me with your deal! I may want to pay you cold hard cash for houses you find.
- Call friends, family, and everybody on your contact list and tell them that you are investing in real estate. Maybe they will want to invest.
- Have a 30 second speech prepared. You want to keep them listening and hooked. Tell them what you are doing, and ALWAYS close with a question: “How is your personal portfolio working?” If the person is getting returns of less than 10, put them down as a possible lender. If they don’t have any investments, mark them off of your list.
- Convince them that you are a reliable investor. Remember that lenders want to know that they will be paid. You must convince them by telling them WHEN they will get paid, WHAT they will get paid, and that there is NO risk.
- Never get off of the phone without asking if the person knows others who might be interested in your deal.
Action Item 2: Create a Plan
Know these two things:
- How are you going to spend the money? Figure out how much money you need, then add 20% for errors.
- Can you fulfill the agreement? Consider time, payback, interest rate, and security. Remember that hedge equity can pool your friend’s money.
Action Item 3: Create Project to Keep You Inspired
- Create a project. If you don’t have one, get ideas from www.indegogo.com under real-estate. Note: Don’t invest on this website, call me first.
- Create budget for the project by using the above system.
What will YOUR headline read for the New Year?
That is up to YOU.
With my help, yours headline can be…
“I Broke Through the Money Barrier!”