Are You One of The Investors Today Who Are Not As Active Buying Real Estate As You Once Were Because You Are Finding It Difficult to Find Deals That Will Work For You?Posted on July 3, 2012 by
Have you noticed a declining number of people attending real estate meetings lately? Because I’ve run a weekly real estate meeting myself for over 13 years, I’ve seen my own group attendance diminish from an average of 200 people each week to approximately 50 over the past couple of years. I realize many investors are confused, scared and have lost faith in the real estate investing business and who can blame them? You can’t open a newspaper or turn on the television without hearing anything but negative news about the real estate market. All we hear about is the declining sales prices, lower number of sales, almost no building starts and of course the record number of Foreclosures nationwide. Who can blame investors for shying away from buying houses in this market? Many investors are waiting for the market to bottom out before they are going to get back in the business. There is no better time to be buying houses than NOW, yet many investors are finding it impossible to fund their deals while other investors believe doing Short Sales is their only chance to make money today. This is not true! That kind of thinking is simply crazy!
Because of all of the Foreclosures happening, there has been a major focus by Real Estate teachers to teach about Foreclosure Real Estate and Short Sales. The last time I looked, only approximately 20% of all houses in this country were in Foreclosure while the other 80% are not. Another interesting fact, 30% to 40% of all houses in this country are free and clear. The major problem for investors, who are currently doing Short Sales, is it takes cash to buy the properties they are trying to get the lender to discount. If those investors are unable to get financing to fund their deals, how do they think they will be able to close those deals. If you can’t get financing in the form of loans or transactional funding how do you expect to make money? You simply can’t continue to make offers contingent on getting financing if you can’t get loans.
One of the Most Alarming Things I Continually See Is the Fact That Real Estate Investors Are Extremely Reluctant to Change the Way They Do Business.
Because they are so reluctant to change, they are, what we call -“One Trick Ponies”. They only know one way to buy houses. They don’t realize that there could be a deal in every house they drive past. Because they only know one way to buy houses, they are unable to profit from those deals. Because you fear changing the way you do business, you could be losing a fortune and you don’t even know it. Investors who are afraid to change are simply getting out of the business all together. There is no need to do that if you are willing to take just a small amount of time to learn how to buy houses without the need for institutional financing. Just a few simple changes can take your business from practically non-existent to full speed ahead.
I Personally Believe There Are Two Main Reasons Why Investors Today Are So Reluctant to Change.
First, because money was easy to get over the past decade, few investors understand how to do any type of deal without institutional financing. HELLO, that model doesn’t work anymore, nor does it even exist for most investors. Second, the investors who understand there are different ways to buy real estate are keeping their mouths shut so they won’t have more competition in this incredible buyer’s market. Yes, I said incredible BUYER’S market! This is the best market in which to buy real estate I’ve seen in the 30 years I’ve been in the business. It’s a BUYER’S market and that is why you should be learning every possible way you can, to buy houses even if you have no money or bad credit. If done the way I show you it won’t matter, you can do deals even if you are bankrupt, so don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t.
Later this year, at the Tampa REIA Main Monthly Meeting, I will be sharing with you two of my presentations on the “5 Steps to Generate Large Profits and Create Wealth” and how to “Never Step in a Bank Again”. I will also be working with Tampa REIA each month to do a “Speed Marketing Session” at the Main Meeting where you can market your business and/or your investment properties to Tampa REIA members and guests. Join us at Tampa REIA for what will be a life changing experience as we answer your questions about what to do in today’s market to not only survive, but thrive when so many others are unable to do anything.
I look forward to seeing you at a Tampa REIA Meeting soon!
See you there,